Advantage of STTC’s Truck Tire Retreading
- Retreaded truck tires represent a savings of over $2 billion each year for North American trucking and transportation companies.
- For most fleets, tires represent the largest item in their operating budget, right after labor and fuel costs.
- The lowest possible cost-per-mile is achieved with a good tire management program that includes the use of high-quality retreads.
- Retreads are the replacement tire of choice for most truckers. Of the replacement tires purchased by fleets last year, retreads equaled the number of new replacement tires.
- Retreads are not only cost-effective, they are dependable, reliable, and safe. Retreads are used by truckers with scheduled delivery times, by overnight delivery companies, on commercial and military jets, and by most school bus operators.
- Retreads are environmentally friendly. It takes over 20 gallons of oil to manufacture one new truck tire. It takes only 7 gallons of oil to produce a retread.
Click Here for a video about the benefits of retreading.