Keeping your commercial fleet’s aluminum wheels in good condition isn’t just aesthetically appealing: It can protect against damage to your tires. Aluminum has the potential to oxidize and experience corrosion, which can lead to tire damage. Regularly buffing and polishing your wheels will help protect your tires while improving your fleet’s aesthetic. In this post we show you How to Buff & Polish Commercial Truck Aluminum Wheels.
Aluminum Wheel Refinishing: A Step-by-Step Guide to know how to Buff & Polish Commercial Truck Aluminum Wheels
Buffing and polishing aluminum wheels is a daunting task best left to the professionals; however, fleets can successfully restore their wheels by carefully following the steps below:
- Rinse & Wash: Rinse your wheels to remove loose dirt and brake dust with a high-powered nozzle. Then, spray one wheel at a time with a manufacturer’s approved wheel cleaner solution, using a soft bristled wheel brush to agitate the wheel surface. Be sure to reach through the spokes to clean each wheel from front to back, and ensure you clean the lug nuts and wheel wells. Rinse when finished and let the wheels dry.
- Polishing: Select an approved wheel polish and polishing tool, applying it to one wheel at a time. With your polishing tool, start to slowly polish over the wheel, gradually increasing speed as you go. Use a soft, microfiber towel to wipe the wheel clean and repeat the process on all your wheels.
- Waxing & Buffing: After you’ve polished and dried each wheel, apply a high-quality wheel protectant to seal the surface. Apply with an applicator pad and buff the wheel.
It’s important to note that while this process can provide short-term results, the overall effect will pale in comparison to the powerful aluminum wheel refinishing techniques used by a professional shop. By opting for a professional service, you can achieve higher quality, longer lasting results for your wheels, often performed by automated equipment that ensures consistency.
Benefits of Aluminum Wheel Refinishing at STTC
At STTC, our team utilizes a meticulous aluminum wheel refinishing process, relying on the industry’s most advanced tools and techniques. We use the VIS Service Automation VIS-Polish automated wheel polishing system. This robotically controlled system quickly refurbishes wheels, buffing and shining your wheels far beyond the capacity of manual labor. By selecting aluminum wheel refinishing through STTC, you’ll reap the following benefits:
- 100% satisfaction or your money back — guaranteed
- Enhanced fleet appearance
- Improved perception of maintenance practices during DOT/CSA inspections
- Safety inspections performed on each wheel with valve stem replacements as needed
- Reduced overall fleet costs through extended life of wheel service
- Tires are removed from the wheels before starting the process so that any hidden wheel damage is visible
When your fleet’s wheels look worse for wear, restore them back to like-new status by choosing professional aluminum wheel refinishing services with STTC.
STTC for Your Aluminum Wheel Refinishing Needs
Aluminum wheel refinishing with STTC is one of the wisest investments you can make for your commercial fleet. Using the finest tools and technologies available, our team will ensure your wheels are refinished to your complete satisfaction or we’ll give you your money back. Contact us to schedule your aluminum wheel refinishing services today!