Yokohoma announced the release of the Yokohama 124R and Yokohama 505C, the two newest tires to its commercial truck tire lineup. The tires are now available in the U.S. and come with the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake designation.
If you are online and looking for “commercial truck tires near me”, there are a few key reasons why these tires might be the ideal choice.
What to Expect from Yokohama’s New Commercial Tires
Both the Yokohama 124R and 505C are long-lasting, all-position tires. The company states they meet the required performance criteria in the industry, specifically for severe snow service. Here’s a look at each one.
The 124R radial tire is meant for pickup and delivery fleets that are on the road throughout the year. These tires are now available in nine sizes from 17.5 to 22.5 inches, fitting most vehicles. The tires carry a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty for their 17.5 and 19.5 inch sizes. The 22.5 inch size provides owners with a seven-year warranty.
In the company’s product release, they noted the tires were specifically built to provide lasting value to users. Tom Clauer, who is the senior manager of commercial product planning, says, “It delivers fleets a boost to their bottom line with longer original tread life and year-round performance.” These commercial truck tires aim to provide several key benefits to users:
- Year round traction: These tires have deep sipes, which helps with wet and snow braking, creating better traction. They also have circumferential grooves that promote even wear, even in those difficult conditions.
- Solid design: The Rock shield platforms help to reduce debris penetration in the tires, improving casing life and retreadability.
- Longer tread life: The tires also have an extra-wide tread that helps to disperse more of the contract pressure along the roadway, helping to create a longer tread life.
These tires are designed for on/off-highway trucks. They are available in three sizes: 385/65R/22.5, 425/65R/22.5, and 45/65R/22.5. These tires are also built to last and provide fleets with more durability to increase profit margins. Key features include:
- Long original tread life: The updated tread pattern helps provide better traction. It also includes an anti-chip tread compound that strengthens the vehicle’s durability on and off the highway.
- All-weather grip: The tires have wide blocks and ribs that create better results in the mud and snow. The grooves help to evacuate water from under the tread to improve braking performance.
- Long-lasting design: The funnel shape of the step grooves help to prevent debris from getting in and causing damage.
Make the Right Choice of Commercial Truck Tires
For companies hitting the road and needing updated tires, plenty of options exist. For some, the Yokohama new models are the right choice. There are several factors to consider. Let the team at STTC provide you with recommendations on the best tires for your needs. We offer the latest and highest quality tires to fit just about any commercial vehicle.
Give us a call now at 610-954-8473 or contact us online. Learn more about the commercial truck tires we have in stock and which ones can serve to upgrade your fleet’s performance.