Brief History. Mile after mile.
Service Tire Truck Centers (STTC) founded in 1955 by Walter Dealtrey Sr. in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, first operated as a 3,000 sq. ft. retread shop in the rear of one of Walt Sr.’s retail tire stores. The young company employed two production people, one salesman, and one delivery truck. Retread production averaged six tires per day. From those unassuming beginnings, STTC expanded its geographic footprint through strategic acquisitions, new store openings and always providing exceptional customer service. As of today, in history, STTC produced over 3,500,000 retreads, operates 49 locations in 8 states and employs more than 850 people. STTC’s exceptional products and services, along with outstanding and dedicated employees, allow STTC to expand steadily into one of the largest commercial tire dealers in the United States. A highly experienced executive team with extensive experience in the tire industry directs the privately held company. STTC’s exceptional products and services, along with our outstanding and dedicated employees, have allowed us to expand steadily into one of the largest commercial tire dealers in the United States. The privately held company is led and owned by:
STTC Executive Staff
- Walter Dealtrey, Jr., President/CEO Walt Jr learned the business from the ground up, working in various roles throughout high school and college. Walt obtained a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and spent a few years as an electrical engineer, however, the call of his roots drew him back to STTC. After some time in sales in the Philadelphia region, Walt managed the York, PA retread branch for seven years. In 1995 Walt joined the growing executive team, progressing through multiple roles as the company expanded. He continues to lead STTC in its steady growth.
- Ronald Bennett, President/CEO Emeritus, Consultant Ron, one of STTC’s first employees, started in production and quickly moved to sales and subsequently became general manager. In 1979 Ron was named company president. While Ron is still highly engaged with STTC, he is cutting back his responsibilities.
- Howie Harding, Vice President of Sales, Director of Strategic Accounts & Mechanical Fleet Sales Howie began his career with STTC in 2003 as a Commercial Sales Representative in the Bethlehem branch, winning Salesman of the Year in 2008. Howie played an integral role in opening our Lansdale location and in 2010 he was promoted to a Strategic Account Manager focusing his efforts on larger fleets. STTC appointed Howie Director of Strategic Accounts & Mechanical Fleet Sales in 2012 where he continues to expand the STTC fleet customer base and the STTC mechanical division. In June of 2017 STTC appointed Howie as the Vice President of Sales in addition to his Strategic Account and Mechanical Sales duties.
- Dan Watson, Vice President of Production Dan joined the STTC team in May 2016 administering our Oliver and three Michelin retread plants. Dan started his career in the tire industry in 1983 with Goodyear. After years of managing retread plants, Dan progressed to Quality Control Technician in 2000 where he installed and audited retread plants. In 2007, Dan advanced to Regional Commercial Account Manager, supporting the independent dealer’s retread business by calling directly on fleets and promoting retreading.
- Scott Dealtrey, Vice President of Operations Scott started working for STTC as a teenager in the Service and Retreading departments during his summers. In 2013, Scott began working full time in Baltimore as an inside sales consultant. Shortly after he became a warehouse manager and ultimately an outside sales consultant. In 2016 he moved to Massachusetts to manage our Millbury MRT retread facility. After gaining valuable experience in multiple areas of STTC operations, Scott was promoted to VP of Operations. Now Scott focuses on on-boarding new managers, company-wide inventory management, and general operational issues.
As STTC continues to grow and make history, our policy of promoting from within whenever possible stays the same. This core tenet is depicted by Ron’s, Walt’s, and Howie’s career trajectories as well as many members of our manager and sales force. STTC acquired many independent dealers over the years, but we have always tried to retain motivated and customer service focused employees from those dealers. Since 1955, throughout history, STTC helps customers minimize downtime and control costs while keeping their vehicles running at peak performance. Our number one goal remains to provide customers with products and services that exceed their expectations and what is available from our competitors.