The advantages of STTC’s wheel reconditioning process:
- No commercial tire dealer in our region utilizes the extra steps that ensure the highest-quality product
- Automatic paint sprayers ensure the correct paint thickness on every part of every wheel (too much paint is dangerous and too little reduces the value of the powder coat)
- Iron phosphate bath protects wheels from premature corrosion
- Custom-built gas-fired curing oven ensures that the powder coating is cured correctly (if the powder coating is not heated to 450ºF for the correct length of time (30 minutes), then the powder coating will not have a complete cure)
- Our final inspection label validates STTC's workmanship
Powder Coat vs. Liquid Paint
Powder coatings possess significant durability and resistance to abrasion, corrosion, scratching, and chemicals when compared to liquid or solvent-based paint. Furthermore, powder coatings stay bright longer with less fading, and color selection is virtually unlimited. Finally, powder coating contains no solvent so the process emits no polluting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the atmosphere.
Our latest articles and videos.